Have you been wondering “where are the best crab cakes near me”? You won’t have to look any further! We have the best crab cakes in Coral Gables and plenty of main dishes to complete the meal. For those evening dinner parties or summertime BBQs, crab cakes are always a welcome dish. You’ll want to try this recipe for the best crab cakes made in the comfort of your own home.
Recipe for the Best Crab Cakes
- 8 oz of drained flaked crab meat
- 2 slices of blended bread for a ¾ cup
- ¼ cup of shredded carrot
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1 melted tablespoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon of reduced sodium Bay Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- Phase 1 – First, combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Phase 2 – Next, shape the mixture into 4 – 6 patties and place them on a plate.
- Phase 3 – Now, cover and refrigerate the patties for 30 minutes.
- Phase 4 – While the mixture is in the refrigerator, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Phase 5 – After 30 minutes, remove the patties and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Phase 6 – Bake the patties for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Phase 7 – Remove the patties from the oven and enjoy!
What Goes With Crab Cakes
Who knew making the best crab cakes could be so simple! Our signature Crab Cakes from our lunch menu are just as delicious with a twist made with jumbo lump crab meat, mango compote, chipotle aioli, and micro cilantro. Inspired by our love of seafood and its local popularity, this simple but appetizing starter is the perfect way to start a meal. Crab Cakes are only the beginning of what you can expect when you visit our family friendly restaurant. There are a number of great dishes and drinks to pair with crab cakes that should not be missed. Here are a few ideas from our lunch and dinner menu:
- Vegetables – We have a variety of vegetables side dishes that pair exceptionally well with crab cakes. Our Grilled Vegetables, Waldorf Coleslaw, Herb Roasted Potatoes, or Whipped Mashed Potatoes are excellent choices. If you’re looking to turn it up a notch, our Signature Sides are delicious options as well. Try our Crab Cakes with Grilled Asparagus, Roasted Cauliflower, or Truffle Fingerling Potatoes.
- Salads – When you want to keep the meal light, a salad is the perfect choice with Crab Cakes. With so many options to choose from, you may want to try to share. Our Salad choices include Kale Salad made with emerald kale lettuce, croutons, soft poached egg, Parmigiano Reggiano, and caesar dressing or our House Mix Green Salad made with mesclun lettuce, arugula, heirloom baby tomatoes, avocado, red onions, and lemon oregano vinaigrette. Other options include our Chopped Iceberg Wedge and Cobb Salad.
- Bread – Bread is always an appetizing and complementary pairing with seafood. Bread rolls and crab cakes go hand in hand. They are shaped as patties and work well as small hand sandwiches but they don’t have to be paired this way. Feel free to keep the bread rolls completely separate and covered in butter for the ultimate indulgence. We recommend baking the bread yourself and enjoying the freshness and warmth of home-baked bread.
- Pasta – Any light pasta with a white cream sauce pairs well with crab cakes. In fact, Crab Cake Scampi can be an option when you combine the two dishes. The idea is to keep the sauce light and complimentary to the seafood so as not to overwhelm the flavors.
- Soups – When starting a meal with crab cakes, it’s a great idea to add a warm and satisfying soup. We have a number of soup options including French Onion Soup made with gruyere cheese, sourdough toast, and chives or our Lobster Bisque made with lobster meat, chives, olive oil, sour cream, caviar, and herbs. Other elegant sides include red pepper soup, corn chowder, corn soup, or gazpacho.
- Sauces – You can’t enjoy crab cakes without sauce! Lucky for you, we have a number of rich and mouth watering sauces to enhance the flavors in our signature Crab Cakes. When you dine with us, you’ll have your choice of Piquillo Pepper Chimichurri, Bearnaise Sauce, Rosemary Scented Demi, Green PepperCorn Sauce, Truffle Butter, or Bourbon Honey Sauce. The most popular sauces include tartar sauce, cocktail sauce, horseradish sauce, garlic aioli, and remoulade made with mayo, capers, herbes, and anchovies.
Promotions and Crab Cakes Pairing
Start your meal off right with the best crab cakes or add a couple to your meal. However you chose to pair them, we have ongoing specials that will make them more appealing to you and your friends. Plan an outing with the family or end a long work week with colleagues by taking advantage of the many promotions we offer throughout the week. We welcome you to stop by more than once to check out our offerings:
- Happy Hour – Come in Monday through Friday from 5 – 7pm and enjoy half priced wine, cocktails, beer, and $10 sushi rolls. Crab cakes make a great appetizer before diving into our delicious selection of sushi rolls. You’ll want to compliment our Crab Cakes with our Salmon Crab Roll made with wild salmon, crab salad, cucumber, avocado, eel sauce, spicy mayo, and crispy tempura. To add some heat, you can include our Spicy Tuna Roll made with tuna tartare, chili oil, scallions, and sesame seeds.
- Monday – Start the week off on the right foot with our Crab Cakes and our Half – Priced Bottles of Wine special. Our selection of 94 Points or Higher Wine Selection includes an exclusive collection of the finest wines including wines from the Caymus Special Selection, Napa Valley, Tuscany, Far Niente, and many others. For those who prefer wine on tap, we have Pali Wine Company Chardonnay and Grove Bay “Super Tuscan to choose from. We also have sparkling, rose, white, and red available.
- Wednesday – Our Half Priced Whiskey promotion is available after 5pm every wednesday. Enjoy Crab Cakes as an appetizer to our Rib Eye, New York Strip, or the Tomahawk, which is recommended to share.
- Thursday – Start your weekend off with Live Jazz Band Thursdays featuring local artists from 6 – 9pm. Relax with Crab Cakes in one hand and our signature cocktails in another while listening to light and easy jazz music in the evening. Our Dinner Cocktails include a number of fun and inventive drinks like our popular Public Square Punch made with Tito’s Vodka, St. Germain, Creme de Peche, strawberry, peach puree and lemon juice. Other great cocktails to try include our Miami Sidecar made with Courvoisier, Bacardi Oakheart, lemon juice, and mango puree. End your evening with a NightCap consisting of Havana Club Anejo, Dewars White Label, Kahulua, and vanilla.
Best Crab Cakes Near Me
Still wondering “where are the best crab cakes near me”? You’ll find them at our community oriented restaurant located in the heart of Miami. As a neighborhood haven, we look to unite the local community to celebrate weddings, anniversaries, and graduations. We welcome you to our inclusive space where you can slow down and enjoy the Crab Cakes.
Make your reservation today!